Alright, we’re the first ones to admit that it’s way too soon to be talking about Christmas… but if you can’t beat them, join them. Here’s 15 premature signs of a British Christmas. Enjoy!
1. Christmas starts in September
2. and Easter starts in January
3. There’s nothing quite like Christmas TV
4. or like the horror of Jumanji being axed
5. That awkward feeling you get when somebody asks you to open your present infront of them
6. … and you don’t like it
7. opening a card and expecting money to fall out and it doesn’t
8. the excitement when you’re opening all your presents tho, not that it’s about presents etc. etc.
9. Asking your parents if they want help with the cooking on Christmas day and they say no
10. …and then being nagged at the end for not helping
11. Having to make small talk with your distant family members
12. … and then sitting around the table on different chairs
13. OMG… the food coma afterwards
14. Surviving on nothing but turkey sandwiches and selection boxes for the next 3 days
15. but the warm feeling you get, seeing family and friends and eating enough carbs to last you until next year